Curriculum Enrichment Opportunities
Our school community values purposeful learning and fun 'WOW' moments so we include a variety of enrichment opportunities within and beyond the school day.
Within the school day children have the opportunity to:
-Learn how to play a range of Musical instruments as part of Music lessons
-Receive extra paid music tuition from specialist tutors
-Attend purposeful school visits
-Visit the local church and other places of worship
-Learn with expert visitors
Where possible, children attend Sporting and Musical competitions.
After the school day, children have the opportunity to:
-Attend sporting fixtures
-Attend a range of after school clubs- led by internal staff, external providers or experts in the local community.
Our curriculum enrichment actively promotes child leadership. Children have regular opportunities to be a member of pupil-led teams. See here for more information:
These teams include opportunities for children to work with each other, lead on an area within school and support members of the wider community.
Previous child leadership tasks have included:
- Raising money for a variety of local, national and global charities
- Supporting the community with narrating a Nativity broadcasted on local radio stations
- Planning and leading National Kindness Week, Comic Relief and Children’s Mental Health Week
- Researching and implementing wellbeing strategies- e.g. Rest and Return Areas
- Leading House Points and positive praise
- Presenting to new parents on Open Days
- Running singing activities with community groups- e.g. Stay and Play, Playground Ambassadors
- Prefect Ambassadors modelling expectations for other children around school.
Read our Curriculum policy by clicking on the link below:
Click on the link below to find out more about each subject in the Hollyfast curriculum, as well as an overview of the Early Years curriculum: